Kid's Day Out

OK, so the weekend came by and disappeared so quickly. I feel like I need 2 more weekends to recover from the last. I am NOT exaggerating this time around.

While papa had a cricket game to go to on Sunday, the thought of me being alone at home with my 2 kiddos was just triggering anxiety attacks (OK I may be slightly exaggeration at this point) but it was nerve wrecking. All sort of thoughts went through my head, how would I cope, how if the both of them cry at the same time, who do I see to first, what If i had to go down and get the milk, what if Zachary decides to sit on his baby sister pretending he is riding a horse...well he has mentioned it so why wouldn't he do it. :-)

All that was just to much to handle, so I thought it would be a brilliant idea to organize a playgroup. That way the kids would be entertained even if it meant being indoors. I invited a few friends over with kids and another dear friend whom isn't married. I thought this would prep her for what she would be dealing with in future. That wasn't a smart move. She looked terrified by the end of the play date, stating that she would rather have her cats and dogs at this point. With friends and kids over, I didn't have to be alone at home. It went well. They had fun. My house looked like it was hit by a tornado at a few points but I managed to save the house. They played and played and fought and kissed and made up. It was the cutest thing for any eye to witness. It's time like this when you see s different sides of your child. His possessiveness over toys, him marking his territories and other petty things.


All in all, the mommies were drained out and couldn't wait to put the kids down for an afternoon nap. I almost couldn't feel my legs by 7pm. Of course my son was still running around. It's fun stuff, these play dates. :-)



Comments

Popular Posts